All readers must adhere strictly to the following regulations while using the ARU library.
(a) Admission to the Library
(b) All members of the College are entitled to use the library as readers.
(c) The Library Department head may admit readers from other institutions to use the library under specified library procedures.
(d) Silence must be observed in the library.
(e) Smoking, the consumption of food and drink, the use of razor blades, and marches are prohibited in all parts of the library.
(f) Briefcases, hangings and wearing overall coats pullover will not be allowed in the library. Such items must be deposited at the clock room.
(g) Every user must show his/her books at the checkpoint when walking out the library.
(h) The right of borrowing of books is accorded to all members of the College, but
- No person may exercise the privilege of borrowing a book until such times he/she has filled the library Registration Form which signifies that he/she will have read these rules and regulations and agreed to abide by them;
- No book shall be removed from the library and regarded as borrowed until it has been properly issued to the borrower after presenting a borrowing ticket which bears the borrowers name at the Issue Desk where the due date (return date) is stamped.
- A Special Reserve book shall be borrowed to be used within the library by surrendering Identity Card.
- The borrower in whose name a book is issued shall be sorely responsible for returning that particular book.
- Students may borrow three books at one time.
- Members of the academic staff are allowed to borrow five books at one time
- Other members of staff can borrow two books at one time.
- A library book shall be borrowed for a limited time of three weeks from the date it is issued.
(i) Anyone who fails to renew or return books on the due date shall be liable to a fine of 100/= per book per day.
(j) Readers shall retain their tickets in safe keeping; they are valuable documents, as a reader is responsible for the book borrowed against his/her ticket.
(k) No reader may borrow a book without a ticket.
(l) Borrowing tickets are not transferable.
(m) Any lost ticket shall be reported to the library immediately.
(n) Replacements for lost tickets are prepared after filling in a "Declaration form" to that effect and a charge for a lost ticket shall be 500/=
(o) Replacement for lost books shall be the actual price of a particular book plus 50% of the actual price to cover administrative costs.