The School has established a number of research collaborative links as follows:
East Africa Region
- “Partnership for Research on Viable Environmental Infrastructure Development in East Africa (PROVIDE)”. Collaborators in this research project are Ardhi University (Tanzania), Makelele University (Uganda), Kenyatta University (Kenya) and Wagenighen University
- “Investigating Grey Water Treatment and Re-use in Agriculture to Improve Livelihood, Public Heath and Environmental Protection in Lake Victoria Basin”. Collaborators in this research project are Ardhi University (Tanzania), Uganda Christian University (Uganda), and Kenyatta University (Kenya).
“Anaerobic Digestion of Organic Solid Wastes at Household Level in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania”. This is a collaborative research project between Ardhi University and SANDEC (Eawag) of Switzerland.
SEST is leading a team of researchers on “Atmospheric Dispersion and Deposition Modeling” in the Southern Africa Region. Team members are from South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Malawi and Tanzania.
Local and International Linkages
The school also has good working relations with international collaborators (e.g. Sida/SAREC; NORAD; USAID, UNDP and Habitat). The School also continues to improve and promote research links with local institutions: These include:
- Other academic units of the University of Dar es Salaam (especially College of Engineering and Technology).
- Local and Central Government (e.g. Ministries responsible for Science, Technology and Higher Education; Industries; Lands and Human Settlements Development; Regional Administration and Local Government. Works; Water; Energy and Minerals; Agriculture; Transport and Communication; National Planning Commission; Office of Vice President (Environmental Section)
- Commission of Science and Technology (COSTECH)
- Industrial sector in Tanzania (public and private) in waste management
- National professional bodies (Institution of Engineers (T) (IET); Engineer’s Registration Board (ERB))