Mandate of CICT
The center is responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the University ICT infrastructure, Local Area Network (LAN) and the internet. The center is also responsible for maintaining and updating University Management Information Systems which include Financial Management Information Systems (NAVISION), Academic Registration Information System (ARIS), Human Capital Management Information Systems (HCMIS), Procurement Management Information System (PMIS) and maintenance of the University Website.
Main Activities of CICT
The main activities of Centre are:
- To provide, promote and coordinate the delivery of ICT services at the University. The centre is responsible for developing, operating and maintaining the University ICT infrastructure such as Local Area Network (LAN) and the Internet,
- To maintain all student’s computer laboratories and other computers in the staff offices.
- To provide teaching support in ICT related courses in various academic departments,
- To maintain and regularly update the University Management Information Systems
- To organizing and conducting ICT related training for Staff and Students at the University
- To provide ICT services to the general public through short courses such as Basic Computer, Computer Maintenance, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Remote sensing and Computer Aided Designs(CAD).
Mapping and GIS Services offered by the Centre
- Digital spatial data capture through digitization and direct acquisition using electronic tachometers and GPS receivers
- Digital data editing and compilation into digital databases
- Design and implementation GIS in the areas of Agriculture, Forestry, Environmental Impact, Assessment, Settlement Planning and Land Information Management
- Design and implementation of databases and database management applications in areas of Land Valuation and Estate Management
- Compilation of maps using state of the art technology of digital photogrammetric equipment and production of hard-copy maps from GIS data